Welcome to tedbits
Decode The Matrix & Wake Up to The Truth
- Ron Paul Classic: Internet Sales Taxes Harms Future Entrepreneurs - Senators trying to sneak the National Internet Sales Tax into law by attaching it to the Internet Access Tax Moratorium should read Campaign for Liberty Chairman Ron Paul’s 2013 column “Internet Sales Tax Could Crush Small Businesses.” In this column, Dr. Paul explains how the Internet Sales Tax will discourage future entrepreneurs from creating the […] Read more
- New video: “You know a politician or talking head doesn’t ‘get it’ when . . .” - Here is Rudy Avizius’ latest video, posted on the PublicBankingTV YouTube Channel. Quite clever and clear! You Know a Politician or Talking Head Doesn’t “Get It” When … Filed under: videos
- Thoughts from Avi Gilbert – Tue 22 Jul, 2014 - Avi has some significantly lower targets for gold Download audio file (2014-07-22-Avi-Gilbert.mp3)
- Views from Chris Temple – Tue 22 Jul, 2014 - US attacking the Russian Ruble and bond bubbles all over the world Download audio file (2014-07-22-Chris-Temple.mp3)
- Views from Bob Moriarty – Tue 22 Jul, 2014 - Bob Moriarty weighs in on the recent developments concerning the Malaysian jet. Download audio file (Tuesday-Bob.mp3)
- The Doctor and Gary – Tue 22 Jul, 2014 - Two of The Three Musketeers discuss the gold and the markets. Download audio file (Tuesday-Kitco1.mp3)
- Trend Micro: New hacking could put your money at risk - Trend Micro chief cybersecurity officer Tom Kellermann says a new hacking threat could put American banking accounts at risk.
- Exchange You Can Believe In - Just because American influence has vanished abroad and American sovereignty has been surrendered at the southern border doesn’t mean that back in Washington all the old Obama scandals aren’t still rumbling on, delightfully unspoilt by progress. For
Learn how far the rabbit hole goes, click here.
- Daily Exercises – 7/23/14 July 23, 2014 - Bankrupting the banks After 6 long years of financial repression, quantitative easing (taking toxic mortgages debt off the banks’ balance sheets) and zero interest rates the US banks had regained a little bit of solvency. Now along comes the justice department and takes it all away putting over ½ of the new levels of solvency […] Read more
- Useful Idiots and the Something For Nothing Society – Part 1 of 3 July 23, 2014 - This week’s TedBits is as important a commentary as any I have ever written in my 10+ years writing Austrian analysis of the unfolding world macroeconomics and geopolitical situation. It covers the origins, causes and destinations we are headed for, the participants, historical context and the future based upon past episodes: Past, present and future […] Read more
- China’s terrifying debt ratios poised to breeze past US levels July 23, 2014 - Ty’s note, the whole word of fiat currency is the greatest Ponzi scheme in history. When it all goes poof, I hope you have a place to retreat to. By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard Economics Last updated: July 22nd, 2014 The China-US sorpasso is looming. I do not mean the much-exaggerated moment when China’s GDP will overtake […] Read more
- Daily Exercises – 7/22/14 July 22, 2014 - Toxic Brew As the confrontation between the developed world and Russians heats up as a grand game of chicken is taking place between foes whose economic strength is in decline. In one corner we have one of the most powerful dictators in the world: Vladimir Putin and in the other is the President (there is […] Read more
- Heading Off the Entitlement Meltdown July 22, 2014 - Ty’s note, do the math. It is impossible to get to solvency. They will print the money till they can’t. The reality of the insolvency is unavoidable but the soft default of the printing press will be the road of of choice of socialists, something for nothing societies and their useful idiots. Demography is […] Read more
- ‘The Wage Growth Gap for Recent College Grads’ - Via the SF Fed: The Wage Growth Gap for Recent College Grads, by Bart Hobijn and Leila Bengali, FRBSF Economic Letter: Starting wages of recent college graduates have essentially been flat since the onset of the Great Recession in 2007. Median weekly earnings for full-time workers who graduated from college in the year just before […] Read more
- ‘Truth or Consequences: Ponzi Schemes and Other Frauds’ - Cecchetti & Schoenholtz: … A well-functioning financial system is based on trust. Widespread belief in honesty and integrity are essential for intermediation. That is, when we make a bank deposit, purchase a share of stock or a bond, we need to believe that terms of the agreement are being accurately represented. Yes, the value of […] Read more
- Verizon, Comcast Q2 Up Against Seasonally Weak Period - Comcast and Verizon Communications (VZ) kick off Q2 earnings for communications companies with reports out before the market open Tuesday morning, with the nation’s No. 1 cable TV firm seen growing profit by 11% and Verizon’s EPS, boosted by wireless service, expected to rise 23%. Comcast (CMCSA) is expected to report profit of 72 cents […] Read more
- The Waste of War - Organized collective violence in the industrial age is tragedy, disaster, and devastation; it solves no political problems. War has become a continuation not of politics, as Clausewitz thought, but of political failure.
- Stock Futures Set For Weak Open; Reynolds Slides On Jury Award - Stock futures dragged lower at the start of the week as international conflict amped up and tobacco stocks fell after a Florida jury decision. Dow futures lagged 35 points below fair market value. Nasdaq 100 and S&P 500 futures were down a bit more than 4 points each. Small caps were off to a weak […] Read more
- 5 Airlines Report Earnings Amid Global Turbulence - Delta Air Lines and United Continental, the world’s largest air carriers by annual revenue, will report quarterly earnings this week along with three other carriers. The industry’s growth has rocketed in the last couple of years amid renewed U.S. and global economic strength as the Great Recession recedes in the rear-view mirror. But U.S. airlines […] Read more
- Impeachment complaint filed against Philippine President Aquino for funds disbursement - Twenty-eight Filipinos, including prominent activists, have filed an impeachment complaint against Philippine President Benigno Aquino III for implementing a major economic stimulus program that the Supreme Court has declared partly unconstitutional.
- Dutch anger at treatment of bodies in Ukraine swells as king, queen prepare to meet families - Relatives of Dutch victims killed in the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 are meeting with their king, queen and prime minister amid growing anger at the treatment of their loved ones’ bodies by pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine.